Monday, November 8, 2010

Yellowstone

A month ago Ryan and I went to Yellowstone on a little mini vacation. We went up to Idaho Falls and stayed the night at Whitney's house. In the morning we all left for Yellowstone. Kelly lead the way since he wanted to stop at a spring in Island Park. After stopping at the spring Taylor wanted to ride with Ryan and I. He did really good. When we got in the park Taylor wanted to look at the map. On the map they have the different animals that you may see. Taylor kept asking what the animal was and what they were doing. So I would explain to him what sounds and what they were doing. He was really interested in the coyote's. He kept saying I want to see a coyote so we told him we would look for them. We really didn't think we would see one but when we pulled into Mammoth Hot Springs to our camping spot one was walking across the road right into our camp spot. When we were parking the trailer Taylor told Whit and Kel to make sure the coyote didn't get in the car.
There was a lot of Elk up there. It made Ryan want to go hunting. We woke up the one morning to a bunch of elk in our campground, Taylor was loving it. Whit, Kel, and Taylor left Saturday night because Kelly had to be at church on Sunday. So we drove around down by Old Faithful and decided to make dinner there while we waited for Old Faithful to erupted. When it was time to go watch Old Faithful Ryan, Taylor and I went over while Whit and Kel stayed with the food because it wasn't ready. And apparently they had a visitor come for some dinner. They had to put there dog Daisy in the car because a coyote was coming through the parking lot.
Sunday morning Ryan and I woke up to more elk in the campground and a bull was bugling. When I asked Ryan where the bull was he said over on that hillside. So I looked in the binoculars to see him. He was a big one. We proceeded to clean up our campsite and all of a sudden the bugling got louder. We walked to the end of trailer to see the bull headed right for the herd of cows that was in front of our trailer.



Here are more pictures from our trip.

Taylor reading the mapAll of us
Taylor with Elk in the background
Elk
Me and RyanThe coyote that was in our camp

Petrified Redwood

Elk in our campground (picture taken out of car)
Buffalo when we entered the park

1 comment:

ChaChaCha said...

Looks like a fun trip!